Wednesday, September 29, 2010

CD Calendar – October and a Pottery Keychain

I started this CD calendar at the new year and realized today that I had not done October, November or December…there here already!!  I did October.

The base is an old CD that is covered with Hallo Palooza paper by Provo Craft.  I sanded the paper a little and sprayed it with Evergreen Chalkboard by Tattered Angels to mute it down a bit.  The calendar was distressed, shaded with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and mounted to a piece of textured white cardstock that was also distress and shaded with Vintage Photo.  I stamped the spider and web from an unknown vendor Halloween set in Black Soot Distress Ink.  The sentiment is stamped on textured white cardstock that was distress and shaded with Vintage Photo.  The images were stamped onto the textured white cardstock.  The mummy and tombstone were colored with white and gray colored pencils by Prismacolor and the background was done with Vintage Photo and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks.  Finally, I wrapped a piece of black fiber around the whole thing and tied it in a bow.

100_2887

I put together a simple keychain made from a pottery charm I made and some tiger print wire ribbon…not sure what possessed me to use tiger print…

100_2889

No comments: