Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween and Fall Cards

I was in a mood to use my Fall Whimsy set from Stampin’ Up, so I made these two cards…one for Halloween and one for Fall.

The Halloween card is on an orange card base.  I used a EK Success corner punch I bought at the flea market today to punch the corners of a piece of sage green cardstock.  I highlighted the edges with Bundled Sage Distress Ink.  I also highlighted the edges of a piece of yellow cardstock with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  I embossed the pumpkin in copper on orange cardstock and painted it with Orange Crush Glimmer Glaze and Meadow Green Glimmer Mist.  The sentiment was stamped in Bundled Sage (which wasn’t dark enough) and traced over with an olive green Sharpie.  The ‘bats’ are actually left over from the corner punching.  I covered them in Bundled Sage Distress Ink.  Finally, I added a bow made from orange Nature Silk Springroll…sorta like crepe paper.

The card base for this one is olive green.  I used Nature Silk Springroll paper with a torn piece of yellow cardstock to complete the background.  I embossed the leaves in copper and painted them with Orange Crush Glimmer Glaze.  The sentiment is stamped in Really Rust Stampin’ Up ink.  The bow is a piece of orange raffia.

No comments: