Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bookmarks Galore

I have a friend that has ask me to make her some bookmarks that she can give out as Christmas gifts.  This is the start of that collection…not sure why I chose to do groups of 3, but that’s what I did.

The first set is made with Botanical Blooms set by Stampin Up.  I used Worn Lipstick, Broken Glass, Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed Distress Inks.  I colored the background by dabbing on the Distress Inks with a stiff mess on a stick…hard to describe, but I like the pattern it makes…then I spritzed each with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist. I blended the edges with Broken Glass Distress Ink and added a dab of Cotton Candy and Baby Blue Stickles on each flower.  The second set was made with Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks.  After I blended the Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade onto the background, I spritzed it with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist.  The bird is embossed with Aged Mahogany Distress Embossing Powder.  I punched a hole in the cardstock and added fibers to complete.

No comments: