Friday, October 15, 2010

Pottery and November

I finally did the November portion of my CD calendar.  I used paper from the Nativity pad by Personal Sentiment and stamped the Skeleton Leaves by Close To My Heart in embossing ink and embossed them in gold.  The calendar is mounted with photo corners by Scrapbook Adhesive to a mat, which was done the same way.  The sentiments are by Studio G.  ‘Autumn’ was stamped onto scrap blue paper in Black in by Inkadinkadoo and mounted to a piece of scrap paper that had been completely embossed in gold.  “Thanksgiving” was embossed in gold on white cardstock.  The leaves were colored in with Prismacolor watercolor pencils and covered with clear embossing.  The paper was then inked with Stormy Night Distress Ink.  I also put a light inking on the calendar to tone down the stark white.  The sentiments were attached with the Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz.

100_2964

In class tonight, we did some Raku.  I love this process because its kind of unpredictable and doesn’t take hours.

100_2960

The Raku kiln.

100_2958

Jill and her space gloves.

100_2962

Our finished pots.  Mine are the first 2. 

100_2959

A pot with a lid that I trimmed tonight.

No comments: