Saturday, February 26, 2011

Birthday Card for Dad

Dad thought I was crazy when I ran around the barn yard taking pictures of old rusty stuff.  He said, “What kind of crazy person takes pictures of old junk?!”  Well, one of the “Rusty Junk” pictures I took at his house won 3rd place in a photo exhibit in Canon City, CO.  So…as a sorta joke, I’ve made dad’s birthday card with the winning photo.  The frame is cream cardstock made for photo cards.  I colored it with Weathered Wood Distress ink, covered that in clear embossing powder, making sure to really tap and blow off the excess powder so there would be uncovered areas.  After the embossing cooled, I inked it with Rusty Hinge Distress ink to get that old rusty look.  .  The sentiment is stamped in Rusty Hinge and Weathered Wood Distress ink and embossed.  Then I did the same technique as the frame and attached it with foam squares.

DadBday110226-1

No comments: