Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dog-themed Bookmark

I’ve been gone for a bit…busy with the new puppy and traveling for work…plus, my studio has been freezing since the temps have been so low (it’s below the garage and heated with electric space heaters).  Today, I cranked up the heat and spent some time down there cleaning up and working on some hiking and puppy scrapbooks.  I also made this dog-themed bookmark for a book I just bought on…dogs. Smile 

The tag is a white base that I covered with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I embossed the images with clear embossing powder and went over the tag in Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress inks.  I ‘painted’ the dog and added the brown detail with Walnut Stain Distress ink.  I painted the bones with white Enamel Accents by Ranger, and the dogs nose and eyes with black Enamel Accents.  I added some buttons and ribbon to finish.

DogTag110206-702

This is who is keeping me from crafting!  Winston is a 10-week old bundle of energy that learned to rip the stuffing out of all his toys from his older sister, Delilah!

Winston110206-701

No comments: