Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine’s Projects

I made a card for my DH using a black card base.  I stamped the Michael Strong hearts using Aged Mahogany Distress ink on the large one and Worn Lipstick Distress ink on the small heart.  The ‘arrow’ and sentiment paper were scraps.  The sentiment stamp is by an unknown vendor and stamped in Black Soot Distress ink.  The distressing is care of Winston.  Yes, I let the puppy chew on the large heart and sentiment paper for a minute.  I then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I wrapped the small heart with red crochet string and adhered it all down.  I used the Tiny Attacher on the sentiment paper and wrapped the card in red crochet string to finish.

VDayCard

I also made this Valentine’s themed bookmark using the water stamping technique from A Compendium of Curiosities by Tim Holtz.  I used inked the tag with Fired Brick Distress ink and stamped the large heart using water and drying with a heat tool.  I then stamped the small heart with Aged Mahogany Distress ink (mine’s getting a little dry).  I stamped the sentiment with a charcoal ink and the lips with Fired Brick.  I finished by distressing the edges (without the puppy), inking the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress ink and adding ribbon.

VDayBookmark

No comments: