I finally convinced my DH to let me convert the basement rec room into an art/photography studio. My current studio (which is beautiful) is way too small for me now…and under his garage with no heat, water and up the stairs and thru the 4-car garage for the bathrooms. He’s going to turn that into a game room…someday. These are before photos of the future space.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I crocheted this water bottle holder to match my market bag…must remain hydrated while shopping! The Nalgene bottle is one my brother accidently left here on his last visit. I consider that ‘gear adrift’, so now it’s mine!
The pattern for this little bag is on FaveCrafts.com.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
I finished the crocheted bag I’ve working on for the last week. This is the largest crochet project I’ve done so far. I found the pattern at FaveCrafts.com.
I also made the bookmarks using scrap papers to collage the backgrounds.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
I decided to get a jump on the holiday and make my Mother’s Day card today…and I was in a crafty mood and needed something to make. I used a cream card base and inked it with Walnut Stain Distress ink. Then I took a script paper and inked the entire thing with Vintage Photo Distress ink and edged it with Walnut Stain. I adhered it using the Xyron at an angle and trimmed. I cut out a chicken with script on it, inked it with Vintage photo and adhered it to the card. I cut out a strip of red, corrugated paper, tied it with twin and attached it to the card with the Tiny Attacher. The post card was pre-printed from a set I bought at Target. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and highlighted it with a Gem pen. I added an embellished paperclip…vendor unknown…and adhered it to the card. The flowers are punched on patterned paper with a Stampin’ Up punch and attached with small, round brads. I printed out tiny newborn pictures of me and my brothers and adhered the film strip by Tim Holtz over them with Glossy Accents. The measurements for the photos are .5”x.7” per photo. In Photoshop, I cropped each photo and added them as layers to a blank document. Lined the layers up and printed onto plain paper.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
I made this birthday card for my nephew, Blaze. I used a picture of him I took where he was holding the flash. The technique on the frame and Wanted sentiment is the Rusted Enamel from the Compendium of Curiosities book by Tim Holtz. The Wanted stamp is from the Stampin’ Up Wanted set and is stamped in black Staz on ink. The metal B embellishment and letter stickers all by Tim Holtz. The B is attached with a small, square brad. Wanted and the letter stickers are embellished with the Tiny Attacher, but actually attached to the card with double-sided tape.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
I really liked the look of this necklace and decided to try it. I only had white in the size yarn needed, but otherwise, after a few trials and errors, here is what I came up with…all in all, it took me about 3 hours to do…again, my crochet skills are not that great, so someone good at it could do something like this in a hour or so. I do plan to get some black and make another one.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I made these earrings to match the bracelet I made yesterday…which was made to go with a necklace I made a few years ago. This was a simple pattern, but let me tell you, crocheting with a #8 hook is not easy!! This pattern involved double crocheting and I thought I was going to go crazy pulling the thread thru on the first pull!! You can find the pattern here.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
I have been in a mood to crochet for the last couple weeks. I finally took the time to look up a pattern for a bracelet I liked. I crocheted this today…it took me all day (between a hike and grocery shopping) because I haven’t crocheted in a couple years and started out with a project using beads and crochet thread was probably not my best idea. You can find the pattern here.
Friday, April 1, 2011
My friend, Jill’s, birthday is the 3rd, so I made her this card and envelope. The envelope is cut from a template in cardstock and I used a strip of green ribbon, a smaller strip of patterned paper and buttons to embellish it. The card is cut to fit with patterned paper as the background and hummingbirds stamped, colored, cut out and adhered with foam squares. The larger hummingbird is by Micheal Strong. The smaller is unknown. The sentiment (also unknown) was stamped on green cardstock, cut out and adhered with foam squares. Finally, I used a little piece of green ribbon and the buttons to embellish the upper corner.