Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mother’s Day Card

I decided to get a jump on the holiday and make my Mother’s Day card today…and I was in a crafty mood and needed something to make. Smile  I used a cream card base and inked it with Walnut Stain Distress ink.  Then I took a script paper and inked the entire thing with Vintage Photo Distress ink and edged it with Walnut Stain.  I adhered it using the Xyron at an angle and trimmed.  I cut out a chicken with script on it, inked it with Vintage photo and adhered it to the card.  I cut out a strip of red, corrugated paper, tied it with twin and attached it to the card with the Tiny Attacher.  The post card was pre-printed from a set I bought at Target.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and highlighted it with a Gem pen.  I added an embellished paperclip…vendor unknown…and adhered it to the card.  The flowers are punched on patterned paper with a Stampin’ Up punch and attached with small, round brads.  I printed out tiny newborn pictures of me and my brothers and adhered the film strip by Tim Holtz over them with Glossy Accents.  The measurements for the photos are .5”x.7” per photo.   In Photoshop, I cropped each photo and added them as layers to a blank document.  Lined the layers up and printed onto plain paper.

MomDayCard110423-1

No comments: