Monday, May 2, 2011

GTO 2011 Card

If you’ve read my previous posts, you know that my DH is getting a 1970 GTO Judge…for no real reason…  I made this card to hide in his suitcase when he leaves to go pick it up in Chicago.  He’s calling the trip GTO 2011…a spoof on our Girl’s Trip (GT) 2011 in 13 days!

The background paper is from La Paperie by Jen Wilson.  The license plate paper is from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found collection.  The car is by Tim Holtz and is stamped in Walnut Stain Distress ink and imbossed with a texture fade.  The sentiment is also by Tim Holtz.  I printed off a small picture of the GTO and attached it to a Fragment with Glossy Accents and attached to the attached folding card.  Inside the card, I sewed a lined journaling piece and wrote a little note, then tied the card shut with blue jute, sealed it with silver wax and an anchor stamp and added some ribbon to the top.  Finally, I tied some brown fiber around the license plate background and attached it all to the card base.

GTO2011110502-1

No comments: