Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Cards

I made this card from my sister’s birthday.  The card is a 6x6 card base with a black and white patterned paper for a background.  The image is by 100 Proof Press and is stamped in black Archival ink and watercolored.  I cut the image piece to size, rounded the corners and edged it with Black Soot Distress Ink.  It’s adhered to a piece of pink polka-dotted paper that is cut to size and torn at one end.  The torn end is edged with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I wrapped a piece of black and white polka- dotted ribbon around  the pink piece and attached a cameo using –6000.  The sentiment is from the Just Rite Just A Note set.  The round border is stamped onto a matching pink paper.  The sentiment is stamped onto white cardstock and highlighted using Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  You can’t see it in the photo, but I accented the butterflies and the lady with a Clear Star gel pen.

BTW, the lady stamp is one I kept looking at and really like, but just couldn’t think of what I would do with it…my DH went back and bought it for me…smart fella!

BdayCards110619-2

This card is for my brothers, who likes boats.  The image and sentiment are from the Stampin’ Up Summer By The Sea set.  I stamped them in black Archival ink and watercolored both.  They were cut to size, the corners on the image rounded and attached to matching blue cardstock.  I torn the edges on the blue and brown cardstock backgrounds and edged them the Black Soot Distress Ink.  A coordinating blue ribbon was attached to the image piece and attached to a yellow background cardstock which was then adhered to a tan card base.  The sentiment is mounted with foam squares…although it doesn’t look it in this photo.

BdayCards110619-1

1 comment:

Cindy of PEI said...

I'm all about torn paper and distressing edges myself. Love the card hope your sister likes it also.
Come by for a visit soon