Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Mouse Card and Winston

I found the instructions for this card in the book, Ultimate Cardmaking by Sarah Beaman, and it is super easy to make.  Take a white card base and cut 1” off the front side.  I used Adirondack Ginger ink to make the mouse bodies with my finger.  I don’t have all my shelves up in the new studio yet and couldn’t find a light pink paint, so I mixed Folk Art Cherokee Rose with Anita’s white acrylic paints in a 1:2 ratio.  I used a small ink dauber to dab on the little ears.  Next, I took the needle tool and made a hole for each of the little tails.  The pink yarn is on a yarn needle, tied into a knot on one end, pulled thru the hole and cut to length for each. Done!  Once I have a reason to send it, I’ll stamp a sentiment on the upper half of the card.

MouseCard110604-1 

I finally got my Nikon D300 back from cleaning…this is Winston not too happy about posing for me…

Winston110604-6

No comments: