Friday, June 10, 2011

New Dog Basket

Our neighbors just adopted a 4 yr old poodle named Whiskers.  He was in a puppy mill and lived in a cage his entire life until now!!  I made them a card, dog bed and neck scarf and bought some treats and toys for a Puppy Basket.

The card was made with a peach card base.  I cut out some light blue paper and spritzed it with Moonlight Glimmer Mist then stamped some dog paws in Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  The sentiment is from the Just Rite All Occasion Sentiments set.  I embossed a can tab with dark blue embossing powder and used it as a ‘buckle’ for the dark blue lace ribbon.  The dog is from the Penny Black Critter Party set and is stamped in black Archival ink and colored with Prismacolor colored pencils.  I cut off the corners of the image and dark blue background with a corner punch.  The dark blue background is stamped in Stampin Up Night of Navy ink with a See D’s Background ! (50218) stamp.  The W brad is colored with Denim Adirondack alcohol ink.

Whiskers110610-1

I made the pillow with some plush red fabric that I’ve had forever and secured the middle with a felt covered white button.  The blue rope bandana neck scarf is made with a velcro closure…since I couldn’t go measure Whiskers as it’s all a surprise.

Whiskers110610-2

No comments: