Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thank You Card

Some friends of our had a BBQ this weekend.  I immediately noticed the BBQ-themed napkins and knew I had to make a thank you card for them using the napkin (Chris is a crafter, so I knew she would get it Smile)

This was a simple project as I wanted to make sure the napkin was featured…and obvious! I covered a plain card base (this would work to recycle old cards too) with the napkin and adhered it using Mod Podge.  I wanted it to be a more subtle background, so I covered the napkin with white Gesso and dabbed it off with a paper towel.  Once dry, I edged the card with Fired Brick Distress Ink and stamped ‘Thank You’ and ‘for the’ in black Archival ink.  The grill, ‘kiss the cook’ and ‘BBQ’ were cut from the napkin and adhered using Mod Podge.  I added a ribbon and beaded flower for embellishments and attached the ribbon using the Tiny Attacher…mostly because I love that thing!  That’s it…easy.

TUCard-2

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great idea is this napkin.