Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dog and Fall Cards

OK…so I bought some really cool border punches that I just had to try out!

This dog-themed card is made using a grey card base.  I took equal size strips of  a frosty brown and natural cardstock and punched the paw print border on each and adhered them to the card base.  I ran a strip of light blue ribbon down the middle to hide the seem.  The dog is from the Penny Black Critter Party set and the sentiment is from The Paper Studio Pet Stamp Dial a Phrase.  I stamped these in black Archival ink onto blue cardstock and colored the dog with Sharpey markers.

Cards110815-1

The fall card is on a grey card base.  I used the leaf border punch on yellow cardstock cut to size.  I then stamped the fall tree from the Stampin’ Up Tree for all Seasons set and colored with Prismacolor colored pencils.  I cut a piece of fall plaid ribbon and used it to separate the sections and stamped the sentiment in Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I then took the leaves created by the border stamp and placed them ‘falling’ down the card.

Cards110815-2

No comments: